In 2012, we are committed to fostering a positive image for our industry by providing our members with the best service possible. Ken Mariotti, a member of our Advisory Committee, outlined the WDDA 2012 Priorities in the January/February 2012 issue of Window & Door. This is what we are committed to in 2012:
- Launching the first-ever national benchmark service. This new financial information network and benchmarking service will help WDDA members analyze industry trends.
- Involving more window and door dealers in our efforts to steer the debate and advance legislative and regulatory policy. With more member engagement, we can achieve even more.
- Reaching out to the industry and raising our visibility at the local level by participating in dealer appreciation days, home expos, open houses, and sales meetings.
- Expanding our services to give members an even greater return on investment, including a series of webinars. We will also host our 3rd Annual Window & Door Dealers Forum September 2012 in Las Vegas.
- Increasing WDDA brand awareness through advertising, improved marketing, and earned media.
- Unveiling a national volunteerism program to raise the bar for our industry and extend our focus on best practices.